Tuesday, December 15, 2015

[vpFREE] 2014 Tax refund delayed

I was just wondering if there were any Canadian players that are still waiting for their refunds from the IRS?


I sent my Tax forms in January of 2015 and I am still waiting for my refund. I was told that their were cutback in the IRS and that tax returns for residents out side of the US will be put on the back burners.


I was told that the refunds would be delayed by 6 months and I accepted that. Then I was informed that the 6 month delay would not start till June 15 and that these returns would be processed by December 15, 2015, well that has not happened and now I'm being told that this refund will only be looked at sometime in 2016.


It's a real travesty as many Canadian gamblers come to Vegas, they pay big dollars for flights and are burdened with the exchange rate which now is 30% and this is how the US government is treating the people that bring in big money and some of their best customers/tourists. It just doesn't make sense.


They take 30% of all jackpots over $1199.00 and when we file legitimate tax returns we are being denied the right to even have these processed in a timely manner if at all.


I just want to know your opinions on whether you think this is right and fair and if this along with other factors will affect the Canadian tourist industry.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------
Posted by: cwilski@rogers.com
------------------------------------

vpFREE Links: http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1955/20228/V/Links.htm


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vpFREE/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vpFREE/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
vpFREE-digest@yahoogroups.com
vpFREE-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
vpFREE-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

No comments: